Sunday, January 7, 2007

Happiness Is... Day 1

Today is Sunday, and the first Sunday of 2007! :)
I spent this afternoon at my church, Christian Cultural Center. I went to the 3rd service, that begins at 1pm, and then had lunch/dinner upstairs at the Koinonia with two of my best best friends, Natasha & Al. Being @ church is incredible, but to top it off with sharing the rest of the afternoon after service with two people I love makes it....ok, I was going to make up a word, but I'm just not good at that, so let's just say that today was just blessings on top of blessings.

In October our Pastor, Pastor A. R. Bernard, released a book entitled Happiness Is...a way of mind a way of life . It's a book that follows the same pattern as The Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren, where you read one chapter a day. Well, by now you know, I can't just read one chapter a day, I have to keep reading. So, after a few days of both books, I had to put them down...I was WAY frustrated!!

But, today is a NEW day, and the beginning of a NEW year. So, I'm gonna try something new, with the help of My Natasha. We are going to read Happiness Is... first (one step at a time)...but we are also going to include meditation with it. Each night, one chapter, and a set time of meditation. If anyone cares to participate, let me know, otherwise....HERE GOES....

Day 1 - Finding Wisdom and Understanding & 5 minutes of meditation

What I took from it...
Happiness begins with wisdom and understanding. I should seek wisdom EVERY DAY. It's something that I should share, but the best way to do so is by leading by example.

Today's Tip
Wisdom isn't just knowing what to do-
it's doing what you know.

AQ. (Amber's Question) Do you know what wisdom is? If you don't really know what it is...it's alright. I took the liberty of looking it up, because I like to make sure that I know the proper meaning for all words, not just what I picked up from others.

AA. (Amber's Answer) Wisdom Is...the quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.

My Conclusion from Today's Tip...
Having the knowledge to do something right means NOTHING if you just sit there and think about it...PUT YOUR WISDOM TO WORK!

Any thoughts?????

3 comments:

A Life In Motion said...

Hi Amber,

I came across your Blog because I have CCC (Christian Culture Center) and A.R. Bernard in my Google Alert. My name is Ramona and I go to the 8am service.

It was great to read your Blog and to see someone outside of Asa that Blogs about CCC and pastor Bernard.


Grace and peace to you,
Ramona

Amber Anique said...

Ramona,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I pray that you will continue to keep in touch.
I tried going to the 8am service a few times...it seems as if EVERYONE attends that service, lol, so I try to stick to 2nd & 3rd.
In the coming months you might get more alerts because I have learned so much from Pastor, I MUST SHARE...& I found that alot of people are starting to blog now.
Please visit the other blogs that I have listed on my page, as they also may be mentioning Pastor. And, I pray that you will continue to comment, as they motivate me, and guide me into new topics, and learning experiences.
Thanks again!!

Grace and Peace,

Amber Anique

Natasha A. Pierre said...

You make me feel soooo normal :-)

But really, it's great to have you on my journey through life.

God really knows me well, and who I would need.