Saturday, January 13, 2007

Happiness Is... Day 7

Day 7...Avoiding the Traps of the World

Today's Tip
If you dwell on the world's messages, you're setting yourself up for disaster. If you dwell on God's message, you're setting yourself up for victory.

What I took from it...
This is something to truly consider...Society's priorities are transitory( lasting only a short time; brief; short-lived; temporary.); God's priorities are permanent.

AQ. (Amber's Question) Have you ever done a self appraisal? If not..do a quicky..What is your priority?

AA. (Amber's Answer) I have done several. This is what I found...Me like everyone else wants to have the better things in life. Cars, clothes, money, house, friends...But, over the years, material things have left...my car was wrecked, I grew in & out of clothes, checking account goes up & down...not to mention theft, don't have my house in Georgia, friends have come and gone..but what I noticed was the closer my relationship was with God, the less I focused on societies priorities...and God, through all of this...remained permanent!

My Conclusion from Today's Tip...
Keep God first, he will make certain that you have what you need and more!

No comments: